Thursday 3 July 2008

The One In Which FFAF Is Just Another Line In My Blog & I Boycott Coca Cola

I went to see Funeral For A Friend last night at the the KCLSU. Their performance was strategically made up of a selection from their entire back and incoming catalogue. The songs that particularly stood out for me where 'She Drove Me To Daytime Television' & 'Junea'. The lead singer tried his hand comedy with some fairly digusting jokes inbetween songs and failed to make me chuckle. It didn't help that the average age of the audience was 15. Apart from the health but unwanted collection of new songs they played it was a fairly good show which ultimately didn't raise my blood pressure all that much.

About a year ago, I learnt of Coca Cola's exploits in India in a video in one of my Geography lessons. Unfortuantely I didn't take that much notice. The general gist of what they were doing was taking precious water resources from the Indian farmers who needed them for their irrigation schemes, and the general public who were short of drinking water as a result of the Coca Cola factories. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather eat some nice food and have some water to drink than pick up a bottle of Coke anyday. Taste however pales in magnitude compared to the other atrocities the fat cats are responsible for. Just look at this webpage 'http://www.labour.ie/youth/campaigns/index/20040908125109.html'. It doesn't take a rocket scientist & brain surgeon to work out that the logical way to try to improve conditions for the people in the affected regions is to never pick up a bottle that has an affiliation to the Coca Cola Company again. From this day onward, the company will not have me fuelling the injustice they commit on a day to day basis. If that's not enough tot inspire a reaction, the amount of chemicals and toxins found in the drinks do anything but promote good health.

Pascal x

No comments: