Monday 30 June 2008

The One In Which 'My Eyes Begin To Moisten'

I haven't written in a while, but nothing much has changed. If you're wondering what the topic of the blog post refers to, don't worry - it's an insided joke that only one person woul laugh at. Apart from getting me hari done (hurrah), I've been taking pleasure in doing as little of anything as possible whilst putting in some serious Halo 3 playtime. I haven't actually progressed that much, but that's only part of the experience. I've actually met some cool people on xbox live, and my presumption that the famed online service is full of potty-mouthed jerks has been challenged. I haven't really been thinking about that future all that much, so at the very least Halo 3 is a very good distraction. I've started reading 'The Good Soldier Svejk' by Jaroslav Hasek, and it is one of the funniest books I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. It reads as a series of anecdotes, and short deviations for the plot, much in the same way that Family Guy has flashbacks which are not at all connected to the story. The chapters themselves are many and it reads quickly with illustrations about every ten pages accentuating what you see in your mind's eye. It's definetely a book which is off the beaten path in terms of what I would normally pick up, but I'm glad I gave this one a chance. I won't go into the Zimbabwean secondary run-off election because that just gets me upset. All I know is that the man's days are numbered - and the country will eventually be free of his death-grip.

Pascal x

No comments: